Dsicussion about the understanding of the Oceans health.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Introduction

As we move along loving our ocean, it's fish and resources, we are smothering it with our affection. One thing most people are not aware of is how the interconnectedness of the Ocean to all living systems may affect our well-being on land. Most of the Oxygen we breath is created by the ocean as is most of the CO2 consumed. Temperature and humidity are also regulated by the massive and stable bodies of water. Dr. Sylvia Earl, authour of Sea Change, speaks of the Ocean as our life suport system for theses reasons. I'm creating this blog to share ideas of how we may work to preserve our life support system. Appart from being active with several Ocean Conservancy groups, I see the need to speak with people outside of the world of ecologists, metereologists, activists etc... and get the feeling of just how little or much is known and understood about the ocean in the general public. I hope that we can turn our common love of the ocean into loving action and prevent the current trends which may render it and ourselves in dispair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rocket Johnson said...

Hey Boywonder,

I like the content you are promoting. I am also a big environmentalist and have a passion for the sea. I'm developing a new web community for people like you and I. My fiance and I are moving to Hawaii next summer shortly after she graduates from nursing school. We would like you to visit our site and see for yourself. I'll be looking for some reporters for our site from Hawaii. Come on by!

Peace!
Bruce Shoop

12:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home